1. Which Hindi film actor started featured in ads as the Complan boy?
Ans: Aftab Shivdasani
2. Apart From Kapil Dev and Sachin Tendulkar, which other cricketer is associated with the Boost campaign?
Ans: Mohammed Kaif
3. Which is the official advertising agency of the Indian government?
Ans: Directorate of Audiovisual publicity
4 Which biscuit company was associated with the long running television programme
Kaun Banega Krorepati?
Ans: Brittania Industries
5 Which cigarette brand now also has a clothing line by its name?
6.Who invented dynamite and left his money to peace?
Ans: Alfred Nobel
7. Where is the land of the midnight sun?
Ans: Lapland which lies in the Arctic circle and stretches across the north of Norway, Sweden and Finland. Here the sun shines continually for 24 hours a day , for 73 days from mid may to the end of july.
8.. What is Easter Island known for?
Ans: For the giant statues found in the south eastern Pacific islands. It is still a mystery how the Polynesians carved or raised these statues.
9. Who or what is a Portuguese Man of War?
Ans : It is a type of jellyfish
10. In English literature, who is the boy who wouldn`t grow up?
Ans: Peter Pan in J.M.Barrie`s book of the same name.
11.Where are the Seychelles?
Ans: A group of islands in the Indian Ocean in Eastern Africa
12. Shakespeare wrote of this Egyptian queen . Who was she?
Ans : Cleopatra
13. Which sport originating in China and developed in Japan means "empty hands"?
Ans : Karate
14..What do you call a young cow that hasn`t calved?
Ans: A heifer
15. .What do silkworms eat?
Ans: Mulberry leaves
16. What does an entomologist study?
17. Which comet was said to pass by earth and was visible from India in late April last year?
Ans: comet NEAT
18. When was the first part of the trilogy of the Lord of the Rings- The Fellowship of the Rings first published?
Ans: 29th July 1954
19. Who was the Wizard in The Hobbit?
20. Goosebumps is a series of books by which author?
21. Where would you find gondoliers?
Ans: Venice. They row the boats in the canals of Venice.
22.What is the young of an otter called?
23. What do you call a male sheep?
Ans : Ram
24.If fear of closed spaces is called claustrophobia what is fear of open spaces called?
25.Who wrote about a Martian invasion in The War of the Worlds?
26.Which is the muddiest river in the world?
Ans: Hwang - ho river in China
27. hat is the largest animal without a backbone?
Ans: The giant squid
28.What sport do the Harlem Globetrotters play?
Ans : Basket ball
29.What is David Beckham`s new number?
30.What is a boa constrictor?
Ans: A snake
31.What is the name of the fish that helps Merlyn to find his son Nemo in the film "Finding Nemo"?
32. What kind of fish is Nemo and his father Merlyn in the film "Finding Nemo?`
Ans Clown fish
33. A replica of the Taj Mahal exists in Aurangabad. What is it called ?
Ans Bibi -ka- maqbara
34. Two animals befriended the lost Simba in the animated feature film -"The Lion King?" What were they?
Ans : A skunk and a wart hog
35. In Rudyard Kipling`s book , "The Jungle Book" what is the name of the leader of the elephant herd?
Ans : Colonel Haathi
36. What is the full name of the President of India?
Ans : Dr. Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam
37.What is a sampan?
Ans: A sampan is a Chinese houseboat
38. How long is a marathon ?
Ans : 42.2 kilometers
39. What kind of sportsmen take part in Tour de France?
40. Who created Jeremy Fisher and Peter Rabbit?
Ans: Beatrix Potter
41. What does a lexicographer write?
42. He made his first class debut for cricket for Mumbai at the age of 15 scoring 100 not out. Who is he ?
Ans : Sachin Tendulkar
43.What is common to these films?- Roja/Earth/Taal/Meenaxi?
Ans: Their music was composed by A.R. Rahaman
44.Which is the fastest train in the world?
Ans. The TGV-Train a Grande Vitesse in France with an average speed of 515/kmph or 320mph
45.The longest running play in the world has been written by the queen of crime fiction. Name the play and its author.
Ans. Agatha Christie`s Mousetrap
46.Where is the world`s newest volcanic island?
Ans: Lateki Island, in the Pacific Ocean. It appeared in June 1979
47.What are Netscape, Navigator, Internet Explorer and Neoplanet?
Ans: They are all browsers
48.Name the Indian who got a Nobel Prize for Medicine in 1968 for his interpretation of the genetic code?
Ans : Har Gobind Khorana
49. What is the name of Madonna`s first story book for children?
Ans: The English Roses
50. What is a `glitch` in computers?
Ans : A software error or digital corruption